Friday, July 25, 2008

Why Black?

I purposefully chose my blog to have a black background. Is it because everything looks good in black? Black dress? Black miniskirt? Although black is a great color/shade to wear, it is even better on your computer screen. If you haven't heard yet, Blackle, is the "new" Google. (see www.blackle.com/about/).  It is powered by Google's search engine, but saves energy, because your computer uses less energy to power a black/dark screen rather than a white/light colored screen. As Blackle suggests, set it as your homepage, in order to save energy each time you go to your browser and search on the internet. Although many of us, like myself love to use the small google tool bar on the top of my browser, I have yet to see one made by Blackle. Keep a lookout -- as all the new technologies for our phones, ipods, and computers are arising everday, I am sure this toolbar is not far away either. 

Be Charitable to the environment -- it's a way to be charitable to your future, and your kids' future too. 

1 comment:

Artstudio Sri Lanka said...

There are around 22 different versions of “black google” online. The best one I’ve found is www.cleanblack.com. Cleanblack is the only version that allows you to change the text colors of the google search results. Try it yourself by going to www.cleanblack.com/theme/